Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Search for a Simple Life

I dare to believe that I am the only woman who awakes in the morning to a mental checklist of the numerous things that need to be conquered on this day. Before my feet have even reached the ground I am strategically arranging the hours of my day and methodically creating gas-saving routes that will make my day most productive.

At times, we can be so busy that we don't know what to do, where to start or how to conquer. Just recently, I became a bit bogged down with "the life" I always hoped for. You know the husband, kids, business, clients and other outlets that my unique gifts are being utilized.

God in all His Sovereignty, had the audacity to remind me of a powerful passage in His word. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take MY YOKE upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30 NIV

Jesus instructs us to take upon HIS yoke, not selfish ambitions, nor the yoke of things that are not aligned with our purpose. At the end of the day, we must say YES to God's plan, mission and direction for our lives. When we place yokes of "trying to please others", yokes of trying to "fit in" and yokes of other people perspectives of us we become burdened, weary and wanting to give up.

Jesus offers to His children peace that comes from knowing He was a great plan for your life, joy that is anchored in knowing that if God is for me then who can be against me. We can learn a lot from Jesus, He instructs us to learn from Him. How we can use wisdom to decline responsibilities that will detour us, using wisdom to say "YES" to the things that seems taxing, but can be life-giving.

Although our lives can be complex, God has a simple plan for us to maintain balance and create a sense of peace and purpose for what we do. Following God's instructions promises prosperity and fulfillment. We will begin to decipher truth from fact, and purpose from pain. God came so we may have an abundant life, a life that really matters when all is said and done.

Today choose the path that is narrow, the path others will neglect to follow because it will cause you to be disciplined, selective and committed to living for Christ. Proverbs 14:12 reads, "There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death." Simplify your life so it glorifies God and brings joy, peace and fulfillment.

**I cam across this helpful tool to simplify my day and keep things in perspective.**

No comments:

Post a Comment